Saturday, September 25, 2010

A Day And The Life

14 years and one day ago I was sitting in the pub with Paul Gonella contemplating making some kind of sponsor me tape. I guess I thought I was ripping back then. The actual original idea for making to tape came from my friend Ben who said I should try to get on flow for one of the Tum Yeto brands that Slam City were carrying at the time. I had nothing to lose really.

The next day (I'm pretty sure that's right) I arranged to meet Paul at Southsea skatepark nice and early and we were blessed with great weather to go film some stuff. The idea was to see how much footage we could gather in one day in one town. I think we got to about seven minutes of crap. Filler or killer, you'll have to decide for yourself. I think I invented a trick that day too.

We edited the whole thing together with two VCRs and were both pretty stoked with what we'd achieved in just one day.

Anyway, this was the start of it all.

Once again, I'd like to that Gonella for making this possible, my dad's old RAF trousers and Tum Yeto for inspiration...

Keep on truckin'.

A Day and the Life - Chris Pulman (1996) from Quiet Corners on Vimeo.